What to take with you on a dog walk
It is always a good idea to take a bag with you on your walks packed with basic supplies. There is a fair few items on the list, do not threat you do not need to take every single item with you if your walking fairly close to home or your car. If you are a few miles away from help then it is better to be prepared and take more of items with you.
Must have items to take with you...
- Make sure that your dog is microchipped and is wearing a collar with an ID tag
- Plenty of water
- Treats (for you and the dog!)
- Whistle if required for recall, it is also useful if you need to call for help too
- Poo bags
- Mobile phone with full battery in case you need to ring for help
Items to have in your car or easily accessible at home...
- Blankets and towels
- Cooling mat, especially useful in hot weather
- First aid kit
- Boot Buddy VersaLiner - keep your car boot protected from all of the muck and mess that comes with taking your four legged friend on a walk!